BEAM :19 - 21 September, Anglesey
For the children
Jenn Williams will be joining us again this year, running activities for primary age children at the Big Experiment. Depending on their ages, they'll do things like learning some tunes and songs, doing some clogging and having fun in the grounds of Plas Newydd in the lovely Autumn sunshine (which we've booked, of course!) There are family rooms available, and a discount price of £380 for a family of four.
Second instrument? New to the repertoire?
Gary Northeast will be helping out with the Pwt Ar Y Bys/slow sessions for those less confident in the full-on sessions. And there will be some full-on sessions!
And we've added an extra workshop to the afternoon programme:
• Flute and whistle special, with Jordan Williams
An hour of flute and whistle playing, exploring ornaments and phrasing to give your flute playing a real traditional flavour.
Here's the rest of the workshops planned for the afternoons:
• Fiddle special with Oli Wilson-Dickson
• An introduction to Pibgorn, with Patrick Rimes
• What do you do with a tune once you've learnt it?, with Stacey Blythe
• Vocal technique for traditional singers, with Bethan Nia
• Bangor Melodies: from manuscript to blog, with Mari Morgan
• Storytelling with Fiona Collins
• Clogging for all
• Have a go at pipes
• Have a go on the Triple Harp
• Playing for dancing
• Cerdd Dant for all
• Have a go at Welsh folk dance
• The Mari Lwyd
• Sing while you play
• From the court to Llangadfan
• The Amazing Spoons Workshop
• Plygain for all
• Cadi Ha
These afternoon workshops are open to the public, and cost £5 each, and there's more detail just a click away - you'll find it all the information on the Big Experiment on the 'Our Work' dropdown menu